Friday, July 25, 2008

The Lone Star State

Vacation has officially begun! We left last night (Thursday) at 10:30 PM. I drove all the way to Texarkana, Texas (8 and 1/2 hours later) before we switched drivers. I got there about 6:50 AM Friday morning. Our girls started getting up... yeah... they slept eight hours while I drove... and we stopped at Mickey D's for some breakfast. Jenny took over and finished up the remaining five hours while I got a couple hours of sleep. Here's a funny story... Jenny got pulled over by one of Texas' finest for doing 66 in a 55. She managed to sweet talk her way out of it and got by with a warning. Praise God for grace! We arrived in Houston around 12:15 PM. Today we have plans of hanging out with the family (Jenny's brother and his family). The girls are with their grandma and aunt at the pool right now. Me... I'm resting while checking messages. I'll keep you updated. Have a great week... I know I am.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

haha Mrs. Jenny got pulled over! You better be glad she was driving...you wouldnt have gotten out of it!!! lol jk jk =)

Ricky Morris said...

You're right! I would have left with a ticket.