Friday, July 18, 2008

Five Oaks

What a day! I got the privilege to play Five Oaks Golf Course in Lebanon today. Five Oaks is a beautiful golf course with incredible views.

One of our church folks is a member and invited Pastor and me to come out and play. Our fourth was a friend of his who is a retired full bird colonel in the United States Army. He served in Vietnam. I believe the correct term is... Medvac (typically refers to a team that is organized with the skills for the purpose of proper medical evacuation). If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me on the comment. Anyway... he flew a helicopter into combat and picked up the wounded and got them out. According to our conversation... he has been shot down, as well as been shot. It was a joy to set and talk with him over lunch. Thank God for our veterans.

Our host was superb. He is a very giving man who loves his pastors. I was honored to drive him in the golf cart and spend the day flubbing shots and three-putting in front of him. He is a scratch golfer. Thanks my friend for your patience with us who are novices. It was a great day. I look forward to going again when the opportunity arises.

No comments: