Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Living What We Believe!

Have you ever heard someone say, "I don't know how to live my beliefs!" Maybe you have never heard it, but... maybe you have thought it. You wonder.... How do I take the things I believe and apply them to my everyday life? How can I translate the things I've learned from church/Bible study into ordinary living?

In case you didn't know, Jesus never meant for our spiritual life to be complicated. He never meant for us to struggle from day to day with our belief system. If we believe something, it has become a value to us. If we value something to be true it affects our behavior. For example, if you read in the Bible lying is wrong... you internalize that principle... you believe that principle, it becomes a part of your spiritual DNA... it becomes a value which affects your behavior. How does that affect your behavior? You don't lie! Easy enough... right?

I said all that to say... if you have a hard time living your beliefs... do you believe? Your beliefs are truths you value. Truths you value affect your behavior. Let God speak to you and be challenged to step out this year. Let's live what we believe!

No comments: