Friday, February 1, 2008

Flu Central

This has been an interesting week. On Tuesday evening, my two middle girls came down with a fever. Throughout Wednesday we medicated them hoping they would come through. When they did not, we decided to make them an appointment for Thursday morning. They never made it. On Wednesday evening their breathing had become irregular, so we took them to the emergency room. After a breathing treatments and chest x-rays, they did a flu test and bingo... it was the flu. We got in bed around 3:00 PM Thursday morning. On Thursday, my eldest awoke with a fever and by Thursday evening, my youngest felt like she wanted to join in the party. My house is flu central. Four girls down. Jenny and I are just trying to stay well. I told her yesterday that she's not allowed to get sick. Hopefully, she will listen.

Struggle is part of life. I think we all know that, but let me ask you a question. Is God absent when you go through a struggle? My Bible says He never leaves us. Christians are not exempt from life's ups and downs. We go through them just like anyone else, but be encouraged in knowing that God is with us. Sometimes we forget that when life becomes stressful. I know I have from time to time. Everyday we learn to lean more and more upon Him. Life is not meant to push you away from God but life is meant to be lived with God. Remember... He is Jehovah Shamma (The Lord is there) Ezekiel 48:35.

My girls are sick, but God is there! He knows! He cares! He understands! He will bring our family through the struggle.

No comments: