Friday, February 22, 2008

A Game of Cat & Mouse

Have you ever had a bad day? A rough week? A challenging year? My thoughts go to David this morning and how his life became a game of cat and mouse. Saul wanted to kill him. David was on the run. I can see David's despair in I Samuel 27:1, when he said, "Now I will perish one day by the hand of Saul." Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever thought if something doesn't give that you will perish? As you probably know, life can be difficult. Life doesn't necessarily play favorites. Problems, pressures, and stress affect us all. David lived everyday looking over his shoulder wondering if today was going to be the day. But I'm encouraged when I read I Samuel 30:6, "But David strengthened himself in the Lord his God." Where do you find strength from? Where is your out? There's always a way out. God never allows you to be crushed only tried. Pressure will come, despair will come, but in those times learn in the moment and strengthen yourself in the Lord your God! God will lead you out and you will be stronger because of the valley. Think about it!

No comments: