Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Easter is upon us! Today, we celebrate Good Friday. Not so good for Jesus, but good for you and me. I am thankful for the cross. I am thankful for a Savior who loved me enough that He stepped away from the majestic and walked into the mire to get me. The cross was the bridge. The cross was my ticket out of my old life of sin into my new life with God.

On Sunday we will celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In a tomb for three days and now He forever lives. This is the hope of all Christians. Death does not have a hold on our lives... we will live forever with our Savior. But, it all depends on what you have done with Jesus. The relationship begins at the cross. God has been good to us. Maybe that's why it's called 'Good Friday'. The cross is the beginning of a good life for you and me. Don't miss it!

No comments: