Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out With The Old

My oldest is going to the dentist today and she is excited... not really! She is having some teeth pulled. Who likes having their teeth pulled? Who gets in line for that opportunity? Not many! She has to remove a few of her teeth to make room for the new ones coming in.

I got to thinking about that. There are times when God has to remove some things out of our lives to make room for the new ones. Once again, many don't volunteer to be in that line. If my daughter does not remove the teeth above, the ones below will not come in right and will mess up her mouth. She had a decision to make (actually mom and dad, but go with me). Remove now and have blessings later or keep the old and ruin what's coming. It really is a no-brainer.

What's keeping you from seeing something new in your life? Allow God to remove the things that are causing trouble in your spirit. He will replace them with the new and the better... guaranteed! Think about it!

Also, say a little prayer for my daughter. I would appreciate it. Be blessed today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff pastor!