Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Applebee's and Bicycles!

Sometimes in life you never stop to smell the flowers.

Last night, I took my family out to Applebee's (Kid's eat free night). We talked, laughed, and ate. When we got home, we broke out the bicycles. My oldest is still learning to ride her bike without training wheels. What a privilege to take the evening and teach her how to ride a bike. I enjoyed watching her wobble, stop with her feet, almost hit a mailbox, and run me to death (holding on to the bike). Last night, she was riding long distances before she had to stop.

My girls, including my wife, are the flowers in my life. Spending time with them is living. I thank God for the bouquet He has given me.

What has God blessed you with? What are the joys in life that you seem to overlook, take advantage of, or ignore completely. Stop! Look around and smell the flowers and enjoy them often. You will be glad you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This flower in your bouquet loves you dearly! Thank you for spending time with us and truly giving of yourself. We eat up your love and attention. I love you, Honey! --Jen