Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday

I played football today with some of our students. We went out to Sanders Ferry Park located on Old Hickory Lake and tossed the old pigskin around. The old man (that's me) has still got it. I intercepted one pass to run it back for a touchdown and while quarterbacking, I threw a pass to one of our college girls (Lisa) for a touchdown. We retired the game at 14 to 14. Everybody wins. I have a feeling the old man is going to be feeling it tomorrow when I can't walk or raise my arms, but I guess that's the price for a little fun.

We called the day Spring Fever, but it didn't feel like Spring. The wind was blowing in off the lake and it was cold. As long as you stood in the sun, it wasn't too bad. The shade was brutal. We ate (grilled hot dogs), talked, hung out, and played. It was a good day of bringing our students together. There is power in unity. There is something about bringing people together on a regular basis. Relationships are built... friendships are strengthened. We spend a lot of time 'working' as a student ministry. Sometimes, for the sake of sanity, you need to play... so we played. Now it's back to work.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday... there is an expectancy in the air. I hope you have a great Sunday!

No comments: