Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beep and Sleep

This morning at 3:45 AM I was awaken with a series of beeps from my fire alarm. Apparently, the battery in the alarm in my bedroom was dieing. When it dies, it beeps and it won't stop until the battery is changed even though it's hard-wired to the house. So... taking my wife's vanity chair from the bathroom and climbing up on the chester drawers with a battery taken from another source in the house (because we didn't have any extra 9-volts), I changed the alarm's battery though tired and sleepy.

What do you do when the unexpected comes? I don't have any profound answer. My answer is simply respond! Respond with prayer, respond with faith, respond with action! God is our Source. Seek Him, know He is there, and follow His direction. God will never let you down. Life happens... but so does God's plan if we are listening.

Don't stress... don't complain... don't worry... just respond with God! Change the battery!

1 comment:

sixwickerts said...

If something woke me up at 3:45am I don't think my response would be quite so Godly :)