Friday, August 1, 2008

2008 Tennessee Pow Wow

I went to the Tennessee Pow Wow today and spent a little time visiting with long time friends from across the state. My first Pow Wow was in 1980. I know what you're thinking... that was a long time ago... and yeah, your right, and yet I still enjoy going. There were probably 300 boys in attendance this year. They have all kinds of events for them throughout the weekend. They play paintball, shoot AR15's, arcade, classes on making Indian crafts, go-carts, etc. They also had an Apache helicopter land yesterday for the boys to view. I went up to be a part of the trading post they do every year. I collect Royal Ranger patches. It's a good place to trade or buy. There are all kinds of patches at the trading post. If you are interested in RR patches, there is a new website still under construction but viewable. They are adding to it everyday. Check it out here.

No comments: