Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cleaning The Gutters!

Have you ever cleaned out gutters in the rain? Neither have I, but I almost did... today! After play practice this morning I went to my dad's house to help clean out the gutters. When I arrived, my older brother had already cleaned out all of the gutters except for about fifteen feet. Needless to say, I was a little late... so while he finished, I raked leaves out of the shrubs/flower beds. While we were finishing up, it began to rain. We did not get all the raking finished, but my brother did finish the gutters.

As I was going to my parents, my understanding was there was no one there to help. What a blessing to find that not only was someone there, but they had also finished the job. What am I saying? Don't forget to acknowledge the small blessings in life that we seem to overlook. If I had started the project when I got there (with no help) I would have been rained on and the job wouldn't have been completed (Kudos to my brother!). There are little blessings all around us and many times we forget to acknowledge them. The Bible says all good and perfect gifts come from above... God! Make sure you count your blessings... and you can't do that unless you recognize they are there. So... thanks God... not for the gutters being cleaned out... but for my BROTHER! I am thankful that he is in my life.

No comments: